Thursday, August 21, 2008

Borrowed time...

So I witnessed death first hand for the first time last night. We had a man brought in the the ER in cardiac arrest. They were not able to regain a heartbeat.

Moments like that just make me reflect on life, what would happen to my boys, my husband, my life. How would my kids remember me, know that I loved them. Who would make their boo-boo's all better with a single kiss and hug. So even though Brendan and Nathan make me want to scream, I am happy that I am hear to experience that. I don't mind cleaning up the living 50 times a day, because God has allowed me another day to watch my boys love life. Basically we are all on borrowed time, no one is guaranteed a tomorrow. So live every moment, like it was your last.

It makes me recall on of my favorite phrases.

"Love as if you have never been hurt. Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. And live everyday as if it were your last"

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Love that phrase..so true

Stephanie said...

I also love that phrase..I live by it. I often think about how long I have left...It's scary. Most people take things for granted...Tomorrow is not a guarantee...