Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!

I can't believe I'm the first to post in 2009! Anyway, I want to wish all of you a very happy and wonderful 2009.

I also can't believe how blessed I was in 2008. Not only did I conceive a child, but I carried her to term and gave birth to her on November 7. She is a beautiful, easy, happy baby who is just now starting to really smile with recognition and show hints of a true personality. Unfortunately, she is also a handful. Add her to the toddler-sized handful that is her big sister and my life is a whirlwind of dirty diapers, feedings and baths (none of which are mine, it seems). But I've got nowhere to go and nothing better to do so my time is devoted to them. I come last, right? Right. But not for long.

My resolution for 2009 is to take care of Me. Mentally, physically, emotionally, etc. Like Dr. Phil (or whoever) said, "the best gift you can give your kids is a healthy mommy". I've got to do it this year. I can't come last anymore. But if not me, who? It's really a connundrum of sorts.

Wow, I can really ramble. This is why I don't blog, y'all.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Happy New year to you also girl....I think that sounds like an amazing resolution, but I totally agree it is hard when you are putting you first, who becomes last???