Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The past...

It is so funny how things from the past pop up at the oddest times. I was out for my nightly walk a couple of nights ago....and as I was walking the normal route, when the sound of acoustic guitar filled the air. I looked to my right, and saw a young man and a girl. He was playing and singing and she was hanging off his every word. Suddenly I was transported 10 years back in time. I listened as I walked by and thought about a time in my life when I loved a boy like this. And when I say love, it was not a romantic love, but the purest kind of friendship love you could imagine. He played and sang, and I was entranced by his songs. I believed in what he sang about and believed that someday the world would see the genius that I saw in him and his music. Then I thought to my current life, and how besides an very scarce email here or there, I have not talked to this boy or heard his songs live in almost 6 years. I have gotten married and had two kids, he is engaged with a child of his own. As I walked I thought about him and his lovely songs....and I wondered if he ever picks up his guitar and thinks of me.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I to, have a strong memory. And thing moments from the past unfold before my eyes on a regular basis. Sometimes it's glorious. Sometimes it's bitter sweet, and sometimes it's best swept away.

Kristen said...

Isn't it wonderful and sometimes scary the way our minds works, especially when it comes to memories!!

Stephanie said...

What a wonderful story...brings me back to my youth.